Tuesday, March 15, 2011

What a year!

"Praise be to God, who has not rejected my prayer or withheld his love from me! (Psalm 66:20)

I pray on the fly - as I rise up, turn the alarm clock off and head to the shower.  I praise God, thanking him for a new day and asking him to help me with whatever may come.  I joke with my friends, my prayer closet is my bathroom.  I KNOW I am not alone...many mothers find solitude there.
The end of 2010 brought so much excitement and time well spent with my husband and children.  However, I feel as if I neglected the most important relationship, and that is with the Lord.  I was walking so closely with him and it felt so right, but somehow I lost that closeness and failed to hear Him. 

I definitely sent prayers up sporadically; "Lord help me to get this done", "give me patience with my children"...etc...and each time He answered, but I neglected to be thankful.  What has brought me to this realization, I am not quite sure; only I miss that quiet time I once spent alone with my Father.

As the new year approached, I decided to take the challenge set by my favorite radio station (KLove) and choose one word as my resolution.  I choose DISCIPLINE.  (My husband decided to choose engorge, but that's a story for another time).  Perfect!  This one word helps me with each day and in every aspect of my life.  Since the beginning of 2011, the moments of quiet meditation have lead me to one thought, this will be my year of peace.

Peace comes from knowing that Christ holds all things together (Col. 1:17).  Each day I am seeking for His presence at all times.  Now that daylight savings has visited, I am in full swing of getting the spring cleaning done inside my house,and in my heart.  This Lenten season I have decided to become a 'treasure seeker'.

1 comment:

  1. Glad to have you back!

    Love the idea of choosing one word, though I'd be hard pressed to choose just one. Lent is a lovely season for reflecting and digging in deeper with the Lord!

    ReplyDelete