Monday, April 18, 2011

Menu Planning Monday

She has prepared her meat and mixed her wine; she has also set her table. (Proverbs 9:2)

For a few years now, I have developed the habit of searching the local stores sales fliers and creating my grocery list.  First it started with buying only what was on sale.  Eventually it became, sales papers on one side and my recipe book on the other.  I must confess, I love it!  Trying to find new things for my family to eat is fun for me.  Now each week I create the dinner menu, and buy exactly what I will need for each recipe. 

This coming week has proved to be a bit of a challenge for me.  We will be travelling one day and hosting my adorable 5-year nephew for a few days.  While my children are used to their mother's experiments, I don't want "torture" the little guy.

My "good friend" Laura at Heavenly Homemakers has her menu planning down to an art (she includes breakfast, lunch and dinner), I am not so disciplined. AND with Easter approaching, my mother takes care of the weekend feasting!

Here's our week at a quick glance:
Tonight was - meatballs & sauce (crock pot), pasta and salad
Tuesday - fish, carrots and mashed potatoes
Wednesday - (travelling) turkey salad wraps, chips and fruit
Thursday - grilled cheese and soup
Friday - Mac & Cheese (crock pot) and asparagus
Saturday - dinner at mom's
Sunday - dinner at mom's
Monday - scallop potatoes (crock pot), ham and green beans

Meal planning has helped me to manage my time, with just one trip to the market each week.  Less time shopping = more time at home. 

What time savers do you use in the kitchen?

No comments:

Post a Comment